APAI Scholarships are awarded by the Scholarship Committee at five nationally accredited Indiana universities: Trine University, Indiana State University, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, and Purdue University. The scholarship program was created to financially assist students studying construction management, civil engineering, or construction engineering management who may have interest in a career in the heavy highway construction and asphalt paving industries. Professors and faculty members at each university are instrumental in promoting the APAI scholarship program to their students.
The APAI Scholarship Committee, operating under the approval and direction of the APAI Board of Directors, organizes the fundraising events, interviews students to select recipients, and determines the amounts of each award based upon the funds available.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be a US Citizen, with special consideration given to Indiana residents.
- Be a full-time student attending an accredited college or university in Indiana pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction engineering management, construction management, or construction technology.
- Have an expressed interest in pursuing a career in the heavy highway construction industry. Special consideration given to those with interest in the asphalt paving industry. Interested is demonstrated by prior work experience or internship with a paving contractor, paving related agency (state, county or local level), or with an engineering firm.
- Civil Engineering Applicants Only: Must have exposure to asphalt by taking a materials course prior to applying.
- Complete APAI scholarship application, which includes:
- College transcript
- Letter of recommendation from at least one professor/instructor or paving industry representative where interned or had industry related experience
- Resume that includes contact information, activities, clubs, positions held, other scholarships, and additional information to help the Committee evaluate the applicant
- Participate in interview with members of the APAI Scholarship Committee.
- Plan to attend the annual APAI Winter Conference to receive scholarship (comp registration).
For further information on the APAI Scholarship Program, contact APAI’s Executive Director, Bill Knopf at email@example.com or (317) 910-5493.
Current scholarship recipients can be viewed on APAI’s webpage on the Awards tab.